Re: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.09 - Interactive

Subject: Re: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.09 - Interactive
From: Aaron Bergstrom <Aaron.Bergstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 14:04:25 -0600
That's cool. I've loaded the baby model into Maya and rigged up a temporary character skeleton for it. I won't do anything else with it for now. But it's there if you want it.

Andrew Davie wrote:
I am yet to design/decide the frames required, of course.  This will depend
on the moves (of course!).  And I'm thinking along the lines of designing
something like the game rock/scissors/paper/water (the kids game played with
gestures).  I like the sort of A beats B beats C beats A type of thing.  The
idea is to create some sort of global 'state' map for all the moves - or
possible situations the baby can be in, and then design an attack move and a
counter move (at least one of each) for each of those states.  I also want
to design the moves so that frames can be re-used in other move animations.
I may end up doing stick figure versions by hand, just to give the general
idea, then have the baby rendered with those stick figures as templates.

So, thanks for the offer - and I'll definitely call for assistance when I
need actual frames.  I have a copy of MAX myself (from my previous work),
but I never learned how to use it.  So, though I can load the baby model, I
really don't know how to animate it properly to get the sort of frame
positioning I want.  Sad, that.  Maybe I should invest the time and learn.

One other option to me (other than stick figures) is to actually modify
existing baby frames.  It should look OK for a rough-effort.

Cheers