Re: Re: [stella] Assymetrical Maze 2LK... help?

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] Assymetrical Maze 2LK... help?
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:07:49 +0100
Clay wrote:
> I gotta ask... with the pinpoint timing required for an asymmetric
> playfield,  how do you work a player horizontal-positioning routine into it?

Hm, that's a very tough one. I may depend on which PF mode you are using (reflected or not) and if you want to use all 40 PF-pixels.

For a full width playfield I would suggest using the non-reflected mode. That gives you a bit more flexibility.

For the positioning you will have to split the code into (at least) two parts, one for positioning on the left and one for the right side. Then you *might* be just able to squeeze in the PF writes.

Worst case would be 11 different parts, one for each coarse positioning value. That looks possible, but your kernel will become quite large (and complex). I'd suggest some striped PF like most (all?) 2600 with that feature do.

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Werden Sie kreativ! Bei WEB.DE FreeMail heisst es jetzt nicht nur schreiben,
sondern auch gestalten. http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021142