Re: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.14

Subject: Re: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.14
From: "Andrew Davie" <atari2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:35:47 +1100
Thanks for the comments, Paul.

> This one works well on the TV.  The control and animation have a good
feel.

> I think it would be worth experimenting with different color/brightness
> schemes.  I used a similar 96 pixel hi-res routine on my Mr. Roboto title
> screen and I experimented with that a bit tonight.  For my title screen at
> least, I think it looks better to use a dark (maybe colored) background
> around $2 or $4 brightness and white objects around $0A or $0C.

Unfortunately, the babys look like negative babys when I have them bright.
I might throw together a version with the colours you suggest, but I'm sure
there will be several iterations before the final colour scheme is chosen.

> When the babies overlap it looks pretty messy.  This should be easy to fix
> for the animation when one is throwing the other, but probably a lot more
> difficult to avoid when they're moving around and fighting.

Not that difficult.  I plan to prevent overlap altogether by having the
babys bump against each other and recoil - or at least stop moving - when
they are close to each other.  To get to the other side, you need to go over
or under.  So overlap will be kept to a bare minimum - usually when moves
are actually happening.

Cheers