Re: [stella] z26 for Windows

Subject: Re: [stella] z26 for Windows
From: "Albert Yarusso" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 19:47:30 -0600
Hello again!

> Humble makes pure.  ;-)  All I can say is that roboto.bin works great for
> me, both on Win98 and XP.  Cool music.  It's hard to know what could be
> wrong without more information.

Okay, I just spent more time playing around with it and of course Mr. Roboto
now works perfectly.  I was not able to reproduce the DirectX weirdness I
was seeing before.  It only happened the very first time I ran this new
version of z26.

I am running Windows 2000 with DirectX 8.1 on a dual Athlon 1.2Mhz machine,
SB Audigy and two video cards, GeForce 3 Ti as my primary display and an old
Matrox Millenium card for a second display.  DirectX makes a fine mess of
the second display when z26 switches resolutions on the primary display, but
that's common of DirectX apps.  :)

The emulation is extremely smooth and the audio for Mr. Roboto sounds
excellent!  I also ran some of Paul's other tunes and they also sound great!
However, the video image is constrained to maybe 70% of the screen.  Another
thing is that it takes a long time for the video mode switch which causes my
monitor to jump to the secondary input, which is a pain.  It doesn't happen
coming out, only going in.  I don't know if anything can be done about that.

One nice thing is that long filenames are now recognized!  Woohoo!

 ..Al
Albert Yarusso, http://www.AtariAge.com
Atari News, Forums, Media, Guides, and more!