Re: Re[2]: [stella] z26 for Windows

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [stella] z26 for Windows
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:50:20 -0800
Ron Corcoran wrote:

> I played Night Stalker under Win2k/SP3 and WinXP/SP1 and it worked great.
The only
> thing  I  noticed  was  the  sound.   I  couldn't hear the background
noises you
> typically hear (using z-26, PCAEWin & CyberStella) under WinME.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Some detail is missing in the high frequencies.
At least it's not a disaster, I've heard much worse.  But we'll probably be
looking into this over time.  We're pretty new to this Windows stuff.  In
the good old days, we knew what the hardware was doing.  Now there are at
least three pieces of software that we have little control over stepping on
the signal before it gets out.  There is probably some trick to it...

Thanks to every one else for the feedback.

And we should not forget to thank Eckhard Stolberg for the work he put into
this version as well.  Among other things, the video is as fast as it is and
as trouble free as it is due to his efforts.

John