Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series #0

Subject: Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series #0
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:20:12 -0800
At 04:15 PM 2/12/2003 +1100, you wrote:
This should work on Stella and Z26 - and please note, it's a 4K ROM image.
I'm very interested to hear a diverse series of opinions of how this looks
on a real TV running real hardware.  Cuttle-cart owners should be able to
view, now.

It looks good to me. Looks like the interlace is working properly.

I think the problem with using interlace is that it introduces flicker across the entire screen. If you do a programmatic flicker then solid zones of color won't flicker.

I think the algorithm used to color reduce to a screen like this is the key.

Finding the right approach is going to take some experimentation.