Re: [stella] Latest 2600 music

Subject: Re: [stella] Latest 2600 music
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 03:16:06 -0800
Paul, that's some great stuff.

I have to ask, though, what is the approach you use in order to avoid out of tune notes?

In all the music I've heard from you just about everything sounds in tune. Is the sequencer transposing for you or are you just doing all this by hand by hand-picking notes and scales that just "work"?

There are countless examples of tunes in the 2600 catalog that were valiant attempts to do workable music, Don't Stop Believin' on Journey Escape, Smurf's song, etc... and all of them feature at least one sour note. I just don't know how you get away with it.