Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series

Subject: Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:01:42 -0800
The problem I see is that the pixel aspect ratio is too tall on these images.

The babboon looks a little washed out but is generally better looking than the one from before.

The clown seems to have no blue in it. Is that the way it should be?

I think pictures with a lot of gradations of a single hue, like in the Sam Fox one, work best. It seems to be able to do skin-tone really well.

Donald looks good but once you get down to that few colors it almost makes sense to try to do it via color register shifting in 1-bit plane.

Overall, if you take the flicker away and disregard the insetting, it almost looks like Apple II or Atari 8-bit images.

Why don't you try cropping this image of Woody from Toy story:

http://www.pixar.com/featurefilms/ts2/images/chrs_woody.jpg

Since it's a naturally tall image it will probably work well for this.