Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series

Subject: Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series
From: "Andrew Davie" <atari2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 103 19:46:46 CST
> Stretching/squashing/manipulating an image to any desired aspect
> ratio is a piece of cake - a trivial preprocessing of the image.
> Displaying coloured sprites on a '2600 is *not* a piece of cake.
> I was hoping people would look at the underlying technology and
> understand what it represented.

A similar thing shows up at work, which is probably why the issue irks me.  We create a sample database so we can demonstrate our management tools to potential clients.  Say, we put "John Smith" as one of the people in the database and have him work at "ACME Inc.".  Now there are certain clients you go to who no matter how many times you tell them that it's just sample/demo data will see "John Smith" and say "that's not right!  I know John, he doesn't work at ACME, he works down the road at Fred's place".  And you've lost them, because instead of appraising the technology, they just sit there thinking how silly you were getting John's place of work incorrect.

Cheers