Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series #7

Subject: Re: [stella] The Demo Image Series #7
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:10:13 +0100
> Here's an experiment interlacing two large Interleaved Chronocolour (TM)
> sprites over time.  Two Marios (one mirrored to show the mirroring
works)...
> I know it flickers to buggery (but not as bad as PacMan!) - but actually I
> think this is possibly almost usable.  Anyway, yet another experiment...
> One other thing, this uses a slightly brighter colour selection for RGB...
> looks a bit better IMHO.

I tried this demo out on my TV, and it's nice to see such a
big and detailed colour picture on the VCS. But I don't think
it would be good for anything usefull. The 60Hz NTSC flicker
is a borderline decission at best, but the 50Hz PAL flicker
is unbearable. It is too noticable with such large objects.

But what is funny is that the NTSC red you chose comes out
as green on a PAL VCS. And since my TV stretches the 60Hz
display to fill the screen, flipping the right difficulty
switch is almost like toggling between Mario and Luigi for
me. ;-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg