Re: [stella] Strange glitches in homebrewed games on the 2600 jr.

Subject: Re: [stella] Strange glitches in homebrewed games on the 2600 jr.
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 21:54:29 +0100
> Sorry it took so long...  My Jr is "Made in Taiwan", serial number
> AT 870078434.  Are there any other identifiers I should be looking
> for?

You could open up your 2600 Jr and look for the revision and date
code at the back of the board.

> Funny thing though...  I pulled out a (black front) 4-switch 2600 I
> had within easy reach.  I seem to have problems with IT as well...

I tried a generic 230V power supply with my problematical 2600 Jr
instead of the 220V Atari one, and that solved the colour problem.
The positioning problem with Kool Aid Man is still there though.

I got the latest versions of Vault Assault, QB and Skeleton
that I could find on my harddisk and tried them out on the
problematical Jr with my Cuttle Cart. I couldn't see a problem
with either of them. So at least the PAL Jrs don't seem to be
affected by this problem.

Maybe these problems only happen on NTSC consoles. Or maybe
they are only affecting the actual cartridge releases. Or, since
two different consoles show similar problems for you, maybe
your power supply is going bad. Did you use it (or any other
device) with both consoles that you tried the games on?

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg