[stella] DASM 'upgrade' in progress

Subject: [stella] DASM 'upgrade' in progress
From: "Andrew Davie" <atari2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:14:14 +1100
Ok, after bitching in my last posting about the error message format of
DASM, I bit the bullet, found the source code online and now have my own
compiled version.  I changed the error line output format slightly, so now
double-clicking on the error line in the Visual Studio IDE will take you to
the line in question.
Also, I added LAX illegal opcode...  but before I delve into general
distribution and maintenance of DASM - I'd like to know if anyone else is
intending to do this task.  Note, the license agreement on the code says
that a subset of the source code cannot be distributed - I am assuming that
a superset is fine.  In which case, I'll probably make the code with changes
available to all once it's stabalised a little bit.
In any case, what I have now compiles my existing code fine.  Are there any
changes that anyone needs/wants and/or changes that have been added in the
past few years that I may not be aware of?
Features I'm considering adding...

comments with cycle times in the output list file (including cumulative
count capability)
adding all the 'illegal' opcodes
fixing the 'Error: source is not resolvable.' issue to actually be an error
with a definitive line - so you can see immediately what it had a problem
with (and, of course, double-click on it to get there immediately).

... any other requests?

Cheers