Re: [stella] Please help with an overscan problem@bellsouth.net

Subject: Re: [stella] Please help with an overscan problem@bellsouth.net
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:34:22 +0100
Dennis wrote:
> These three routines are in overscan. When I moved the ladder checking to vertical blank the ladder problem went away but I still got the problem when the sound was played because that routine is still in overscan.

Hm, hard to tell, the subroutines called are missing.

> BTW, when I switch to using the PAL option (player 1 difficulty set to A) I don't see the problem.

That sounds like a timing problem, as if in NTSC mode, you don't have enough time to do the calculations. Try playing with the timer values. If that doesn't help, I would need full source.

> Also Z26 reports the correct number of scan lines each frame. I'm lost as to what the problem could be here.

Did you try on other emulators?

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Die SMS direkt auf's Handy. - Die Blitz-SMS bei WEB.DE FreeMail
http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021165