Re: [stella] DASM news

Subject: Re: [stella] DASM news
From: Adam Thornton <adam@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:13:37 -0600
On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 12:34:50PM +0100, Thomas Jentzsch wrote:
> One problem is, that AFAIK we still do not have a 100% reliable color
> emulation. So before we call something eg. PURPLE_BLUE we should make
> sure, that it is not just the color that is shown in the favouritve
> emulator but on the real TV. Any volunteers?

Sure, but.....

My Atari displays colors very differently depending on the supply
voltage.  Namely, I couldn't figure out why FotR looked different on the
emulator and on the iron, and then I tried bumping up the voltage 1.5V
(my Atari power supply is long dead, so I'm using one of those Wal-Mart
adjustable-from-3-to-12-volts thingies).  So we need to get someone with
a known stable, accurate power supply to do it.

Adam