Re: [stella] Brainstorming: 3D-Corridor

Subject: Re: [stella] Brainstorming: 3D-Corridor
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:10:01 +0100
Hi Thomas!

>Manuel wrote:
>> How about wireframed solutions?

> Depends on how many frames you need. You only have
> five objects for the vertical lines, which would allow
> only two frames at the same time. With 30Hz flicker
> you can have five, which should be enough.

First I was thinking along these same lines, but I
didn't want to influence the brainstorming with my own
ideas :-)

Now, the more I'm thinking about it, the more I like the
"Star Voyager" principle as Glenn suggested. I think one
could turn it into a really jawdropping demo, if using
all available RAM for the PF data, which is calculated
in real time. (Like stella@themovies using the PF
instead of a 6-char :-) )

Ah, if I only had more time for such neato things...
I'll see.

Does anyone have some code that does draw any PF1/PF2
picture out of the RAM? I guess similar code might be
reqired for Warring Worms, Death Derby or Incoming?

What I'm looking for is code for a reflected playfield
with PF1/PF2 drawn from RAM... ;-)

Greetings,
	Manuel