Re: [stella] Brainstorming: 3D-Corridor

Subject: Re: [stella] Brainstorming: 3D-Corridor
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:08:02 +0100
Hi Christopher!

>>The interesting part of this solution is, that, in
>>theory, it should be possible to render it focused to
>>any point on screen. Hehe, if linked to the joystick,
>>you should be able to hypnotize yourself with it then.

> Heh, heh, well you go me there. As mentioned, Moving
> mine around would take some doing.

And I fear this'd be a major pain... ;-)
(Though I must admit that I actually like your solution
more than mine!)

>> Another thing is, that one'd probably need to show a
>> few objects to make the direction it is heading more
>> clear... ;-)

> Well, mine uses 3 colours so direction is obvious.

Yep, a major advantage.

> Maybe take the best of both examples?  You're just
> shoving values into COLUPF too, right?

No, it's way simpler. I have a black background and I
write the pattern into the PF.

> How are you changing the focus?

I use 124 bytes of RAM to buffer the PF. For the
animation I just EOR #$FF it every 16 frames :-)

> Dropping in some NOPs at the begining of a line? That
> should work the same with mine...

Maybe combining both ideas in another way. If I'd double
the thickness of my frames, yet'd still move it one PF
pixel every time, it would have a different color every
8 Pixels. Even if it where only two colors alternating,
the direction it moves would be clear then. Hm...

Greetings,
	Manuel