Re: [stella] Turbo?

Subject: Re: [stella] Turbo?
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 08:22:14 -0800
The proto board looks authentic, and the screenshots look authentic also aside from no visible HMOVE lines.

I noticed some details like the score being higher on the screenshot with the lower timer, stuff that someone faking screenshots might miss.

Maybe it employs some technique that inhibits the HMOVE lines, which we know is theoretically possible.

Sometimes 3rd parties figured out how to do some of the same really advanced tricks as others, through convergent evolution.

I never thought Coleco really pushed the envelope, though.

If it's a fake, it's probably being generated by a program running on an atari 8-bit home computer.