Re: [stella] Boulderdash - musings and screen demos

Subject: Re: [stella] Boulderdash - musings and screen demos
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:34:25 +0200
Erik wrote:
> Have you considered using the SuperCharger for this project?  That would give
> you quite a bit of RAM to play with, though then you'd have the inconvenience
> of having to make it multi-load to store all the levels.  (Actually, maybe
> the initial level layouts could be stored in a compressed manner, but that
> would be a pain during development.)

Yes, I think Boulderdash is a game that might suit the SuperCharger very well. The
problem for me (and probably for Andrew too) is, that I would like to have something
physical. And then IMO a cart is way better than a tape.

An option would be a cart with extra RAM, which (AFAIK) is currently developed.

> Anyhow, I'm glad to see you even just playing around with this concept.
> Boulderdash was one of my favorite 8-bit era games!

Yes, mine too. And it was (and still is :-) on my ToDo list.

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

160 Zeichen sind fur Ihre SMS zu wenig? Bei WEB.DE FreeMail koennen Sie
bis 760 Zeichen versenden! http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021183