Re: [stella] Activision Anthology Call For Homebrews -> Heads Up

Subject: Re: [stella] Activision Anthology Call For Homebrews -> Heads Up
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:11:57 -0500
On Thursday 10 April 2003 12:41, Adam Wozniak wrote:
> I don't want to start a fight or anything, but...
>
> Doesn't that seem a bit hypocritical, with AtariAge NOT being able to
> release Activision ROMS and all... ?

Not really.  I'm sure AtariAge would remove Parker Bros. ROMs too if
Infogrames came calling; change "Parker Bros." and "Infogrames" appropriately
for the current owner of any 2600 game's copyright.  The only ones they do
have permission to distribute are certain homebrews.  All the rest appear
more or less under the abandonware philosophy, and like abandonware sites,
they remove them when the actual copyright owner says "hey, I'm still here,
stop doing that."

I seem to remember an earlier discussion with Ken where he indicated he
wouldn't try to get any kind of exclusive distribution deal with homebrewers
where they'd have to take their stuff off the net, but don't take my memory
as gospel because it's actually quite poor.

Rob