Re: [stella] Combat: Tank AI progress report

Subject: Re: [stella] Combat: Tank AI progress report
From: henitrope@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 15:30:18 -0700
This is cool, Zach!  :-D

I found it interesting how the opponent "backtracks" part of the way if
you let him advance toward the player very far and then push "reset"( in
z26 ).

Also, just for fun I pushed the opponent out of my spot but he was
adamant on getting back into my start position, even bouncing my tank
thru a wall! LOL!

This is a great start, Zach! Keep up the good work! :-)

- Weston

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 12:40:11 -0700 (PDT) Zach Matley
<matleyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Please note:
>
> The name of the project has changed to make its scope clearer.
>
> The tanks are disarmed for this demo.
>
> The computer controlled tank always goes to its opponent's starting
> position.
>
> For testing purposes, you can override automatic tank control with
> the
> player 2 joystick. Pressing down will stop the tank.
>
> The tanks will move in this demo during attract mode, however I
> recommened
> resetting the game for best results.
>
> This is just the beginning :)
>
> Enjoy,