[stella] DASM experimental

Subject: [stella] DASM experimental
From: "Andrew Davie" <atari2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 02:46:27 +1000
I've been playing a bit with DASM and though it's not quite ready for a new
release, I'd like to invite suggestions for improvements to the error
messages.  There's an **experimental** version of DASM at
www.atari2600.org/dasm/dasmx.exe which has had some changes to the error
messages....  see how this suits you guys.

In particular, non-resolvable source (bad symbols) should be much easier to
see, as a list of unresolved symbols is printed with the message.  Also,
some messages actually show the code they choked on.  All errors are in a
standardised format which just happens to work with VisualStudio
double-clicking.

This version is totally unsupported, of course.  But if there are error
messages which can be improved - or even errors which should be added - then
let me know while I'm looking at this area.  I'm also looking at the verbose
options, and what should be printed, when.

Cheers