[stella] E0 vs. E7

Subject: [stella] E0 vs. E7
From: John Redant <johnredant01@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 06:03:39 -0700 (PDT)
>  From a programmer point-of-view, apparently this
> requires less overhead to
> keep track of what bank you are currently in
> (compared to something more
> standard like F6, F8, etc.), but I don't quite see
> that, since it seems
> that the programmer will need to keep track of which
> slice is currently
> "loaded" into each segment.

I examined sizes.txt as well. I agree that Parker
Brother's E0 bankswitching is a little complicated but
it's obviously not as complicated as the M-Networks
E7. The way E0 is described, it sounds as if each
segment is supposed to point to the next segment and
the last segment points to the first. Whether or not
it's supposed to decrease the use of the LDA $1FEx
statements, I don't know. But I'm not a seasoned
programmer anyway. :-) I'm always glad to learn
something new.