[stella] E0/E7 homebrew carts?

Subject: [stella] E0/E7 homebrew carts?
From: Jeremy Penner <jeremypenner@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:56:47 -0500
Hello,
As some of you may know, I'm developing a port of robotfindskitten to
the VCS.  rfk is quite a text-heavy game, relying on amusing
descriptions of non-kitten-items for gameplay value.  As such, I'd
like to be able to cram in a lot of non-kitten items into the game,
and so I've been considering an 8kb bankswitched cart.

It appears as if I should be able to fit all of the game
code/graphics data into 2kb quite comfortably.  (If need be, I will
ask the Stella list to help me fit it into 2kb uncomfortably =])
Thus, it would make a great deal of sense to have a 2kb bank for
code, which stays put, and three 2kb banks for text, which are
swapped in as required.  From what I've read, E7 or E0 bankswitching
would be absolutely perfect for this.

My question is, has anyone designed a PCB that uses
E0/E7bankswitching?  Eventually, I'd like to have this on a
cartridge, but if it's currently not easily/cheaply possible to
produce a cart using this scheme, I'll bite the bullet and use F8.

Thanks!
Jeremy----
Jeremy Penner - Coder, Artist, Jibba-Jabberin' Fool
jeremypenner@xxxxxxx            - The Man
http://www.mp3.com/lal          - The Band
http://bubba.keenspace.com/     - The Comic Strip
http://www.astra.mb.ca/~jeremy/ - The Other Stuff