[stella] Climber 5 source and binary number 2 :)

Subject: [stella] Climber 5 source and binary number 2 :)
From: Dennis Debro <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 13:05:18 -0400
This source has the optimization suggestions by Andrew Davie and Thomas Jentzsch. Their optimizations and trickery help me reduce the original posting by 190 bytes!! When I saw that I thought about going for a page but decided to stop :) I've got to get on with my life.

I also changed the game timings. Fabrizio tested the PAL50 values for me and they are dead on! Thank you so much. I think I now understand how to do fractional speeds for NTSC/PAL.

As it turns out Andrew's 1/n pixels and Thomas' method were pretty much the same. They were different ways of looking at the problem. I implemented Thomas' suggestion because there wouldn't be a lot of re-write to get it to work.

Again, I want to thank you all! Now if no one finds any bugs, I can use this to build on the REAL game :)

Take care,
Dennis