[stella] Stella emulation errors with early RESx

Subject: [stella] Stella emulation errors with early RESx
From: Dennis Debro <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:10:47 -0400
Just wanted to give a heads up on the Stella emulation issue I came up against...

In Climber is was hitting RESBL at cycle 18 and RESP0 at cycle 22. Since I have HMOVE lines all the way down the left side of the screen, these hit inside HBLANK (remember HMOVE adjusts HBLANK according to Andrew Towers' document). When this is done on the VCS (and Z26) the player is positioned right after HBLANK. The Stella emulator will position the player at the pixel the RESx happened. If you do this in HBLANK then your player won't be visible :(

Take care,
Dennis