Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Fwd: Star Fire Release Candidate #04

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Fwd: Star Fire Release Candidate #04
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:26:59 +0200
> > Z26 has been reported to have wrong PAL colors. If it looks ok on your
TV,
> > then it should be ok. :-)
>
> Maybe rasty can double check the colors, at the moment it's just optimised
for my own TV.
> And I fear Eckhard will only get the colors like in the old Z26. ;-)

In the current Windows version of z26 all three palettes are taken
from screen captures of a colour test program running on a real VCS.
So the relations between the colours within a palette should be
acurate now. Since the colours can be adjusted in the VCS, your TV,
the capture card and your monitor, there is no way to make the
colours in z26 match the colours on the TV exactly for everyone.
We'd have to simulate the colour controls on a TV to allow the
users to adjust the palettes in z26 to match their TV settings.

The PAL palette in the older versions of z26 were indeed created by
hand and are therefore quite inacurete. You should use version 2.08
(or newer) to select colours for the PAL version of your games. In
this version of z26 the NTSC and the PAL version of Star Fire look
pretty much alike, so I suppose Manuel's TV is adjusted properly. ;-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg