Re: [stella] Have kernel, need game!

Subject: Re: [stella] Have kernel, need game!
From: "Fabrizio Zavagli" <rasty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:16:49 +0200
Hi Thomas!

You wrote...:
> Fabrizio wrote:
> > I also got to use exclusive or in a similar occasion for an application
> > wrote some time ago (a Palm 3d engine where I had to overlap
precalculated
> > segments for the polygons' edges), and such solution was actally
suggested
> > to me by a friend who has a lot more experience than I do on such
stuff.. So
> > I guess thar EORing is pretty standard in this case, and you can feel
> > confidet it's a strong solution! :)
>
> Hey, why didn't I knew that before? Would have saved me some time trying
> to find out. Those logic tricks should be written down somewhere. I
> don't want to reinvent the wheel over and over without knowing.

Same here.. I feel better when I use a technique that is known to be good!
But sometimes such tricks (let's call them so) are niche and hard to find
someone who leads you in the right directions...!

> Though it makes me a bit proud to know I was able to... :-)

Of course :)

> > The paddle gama idea also looks good to me, so you may even think of a
game
> > that implements both ideas, maybe on alternate levels.. But if you want
> > keep the game simple and choose only one game style, the latter I
prefer!

> Hm, maybe that's possible. Depends on how much special code both
> solutions need.
>
> Or I am making two games based on the same kernel! Double "profit". :-D

Or one game with 2 game "variants" :)

Thomas, are you planning on continuing Robot City, maybe sometime in the
future? I liked it! Hard as heck, but I'd be really sorry to see it dead...

Ciao!
Fabrizio.-