Re: [stella] Have kernel, need game!

Subject: Re: [stella] Have kernel, need game!
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:19:52 +0200
Kirk wrote:
> In this model, I don't think a spinup time for the rotor would add to
> the fun, it would just needlessly add to the difficulty of getting the
> copter to rise up.

It should be possible to try out (or add) both variations.

> The second physics model is more complex

Yes. I'm sure I'll have to do some compromises.

> However, in this second model, the game might be easier if you could
> let go of the button and stop the blades. Maybe the blades could take a
> while to stop adding thrust, but I don't think it adds a lot to the
> game.

Hm, I think without trying it is hard to tell, how exactly it affects
gameplay.

Anyway, first I need to finish implementing all features into the
kernel. And there are still enough problems for me to solve doing
that. :-)

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |