Re: [stella] Have kernel, need game!

Subject: Re: [stella] Have kernel, need game!
From: tower@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:56:12 -0400
Wow.  I've been lurking here for a while now.  Reading all of this stuff
really makes me wish I had more time/ability to join in all the fun.  I did
study cmpsci initially to make games... and somehow ended up in release
engineering.  Go figure.

                      Zavagli"                 To:      <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      <rasty@xxxxxxxxx         cc:
                      >                        Subject: Re: [stella] Have kernel, need game!
                      Sent by:
                      06/21/03 02:16
                      Please respond
                      to stella

Hi Thomas!

You wrote...:
> Fabrizio wrote:
> > I also got to use exclusive or in a similar occasion for an application
> > wrote some time ago (a Palm 3d engine where I had to overlap
> > segments for the polygons' edges), and such solution was actally
> > to me by a friend who has a lot more experience than I do on such
stuff.. So
> > I guess thar EORing is pretty standard in this case, and you can feel
> > confidet it's a strong solution! :)
> Hey, why didn't I knew that before? Would have saved me some time trying
> to find out. Those logic tricks should be written down somewhere. I
> don't want to reinvent the wheel over and over without knowing.

Same here.. I feel better when I use a technique that is known to be good!
But sometimes such tricks (let's call them so) are niche and hard to find
someone who leads you in the right directions...!

> Though it makes me a bit proud to know I was able to... :-)

Of course :)

> > The paddle gama idea also looks good to me, so you may even think of a
> > that implements both ideas, maybe on alternate levels.. But if you want
> > keep the game simple and choose only one game style, the latter I
> Hm, maybe that's possible. Depends on how much special code both
> solutions need.
> Or I am making two games based on the same kernel! Double "profit". :-D

Or one game with 2 game "variants" :)

Thomas, are you planning on continuing Robot City, maybe sometime in the
future? I liked it! Hard as heck, but I'd be really sorry to see it dead...

Archives (includes files) at
Unsub & more at

Archives (includes files) at
Unsub & more at