Re: [stella] Climber 5 random ladder prototype

Subject: Re: [stella] Climber 5 random ladder prototype
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:33:24 +0200
Dennis wrote:
> Here is a prototype of Climber with "psuedo" random ladders.

Very nice! Just make sure that the bottom ladders are reachable at all
in the higher levels. And somehow the behavior of RESET is a bit tricky.

> I'll look at Robot City later to look for some pointers :)

Good luck, my code is not know to be very good commented. And probably
my algorithm is quite different and not useful for your problem.

> Tell me what you think of the pseudo random ladders. Are you okay with
> it? Should I go back to the drawing board? Should I drop them all together?

IMO you should keep them. Just make sure that you are not creating
unsolvable situations.
And currently the results often seem to be much easier than before.
Maybe you should manipulate the horizontal distance between the ladders
(especially from right to left) and try to force climber to move right
sometimes.

BTW: Are you generating the ladders on the fly or are you using a table
as Manuel suggested? IMO the table approach is probably easier to
manipulate and it looks like there aren't very many possible patterns.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |