Re: [stella] Abusing JSR and BRK

Subject: Re: [stella] Abusing JSR and BRK
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:12:48 +0200
Christopher wrote:
> Soooo.. Am I missing something here? Even given the (magical) ability
> to have code appear for us wherever we set the program counter to,
> I don't see how this is of any real benefit.

I was only brainstorming a little bit (too much)! :-)

> Or maybe I'm missing the forest for the trees. Maybe you'd just use this
> as a one-shot "burst mode" to change two registers really quickly.

Yes, that may work. Actually I was mainly thinking about registers like RESPx,
where the values don't matter at all. So you could position two players very
close together without using HMOVE.

> Or something else???

I dunno! Maybe? :-)

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

E-Mails sehen immer gleich aus? Aber nicht bei WEB.DE FreeMail!
http://freemail.web.de/features?mc=021138