Re: [stella] Brainstorming: Porting Smithereens/Catapult/Stone Sling

Subject: Re: [stella] Brainstorming: Porting Smithereens/Catapult/Stone Sling
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:19:20 +0200
Hi Paul!

>Players on two-copies wide and use the missiles for the
little dudes:

>M0 P1   P1        P0   P0 M1

Basically I think this'd work for the stationary part,
though I fear it'd be monochrome. You have 4 GRPX reads
and writes, Plus 2 * (NUSIZX + HMMX) reads and writes,
which'd be close to a 6-char scannline I assume.

A essential part of the gameplay would not work with the
stationary solution though:

You can destroy the other Players catapult with your
shots, then the player is walking out of the screen and
shifting a new one into the scene.

Of course an easy soltuion would be flickering the two
sprites, so they can be positioned independently.

Or doing the castles with the PF as Rob suggested.

Hm...

Greetings,
	Manuel