Re: [stella] VDELP problem

Subject: Re: [stella] VDELP problem
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:27:00 +0200
Vlad Pylin wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possible to optimize this?

There is *plenty* of optimization possible. :-)

> Maybe there are other methods to check if the entity must be shown?

Yup, search the archives for "skipdraw". (if searching is working
again)

BTW: It looks like the first few lines of your kernel code are missing.

First I need to know what the kernel should do.

You seem to want to draw P0, P1 and the ball at two different
y-positions, but the x-positions are unchanged, right?

Do the upper and lower parts overlap, e.g. are the upper P0 and the
lower P1 drawn together on the same line? (If not, drawing three
objects and a reflected PF may just allow a single line kernel!)

Give us some idea how the screen you want to create should look like.
Then we can talk abouit concepts and optimizing.

> PS. I used to use line counters which were decremented every time
> another line had been shawn. This method have some disadvantages.

Yes, but I am quite sure it should be possible to use a register for
the line counter.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |