Re: [stella] SoundSim code..

Subject: Re: [stella] SoundSim code..
From: John Saeger <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Aug 2003 08:23:32 -0700
On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 09:26, Andy Mucho wrote:

> That was my fault, forcing hardware buffers for huge secondayr buffer sizes
> :( Doing that promptly ruled out a large portion of soundcards being able to
> run it..
>
> This reverts it to software buffers..

O.K. It works now.  :-)  And if I set the volume to 0.5 it sounds a lot
like z26.  The thing is, considering that it theoretically runs at 4
times the sample rate of z26, I was sort of expecting to hear more of a
difference than I do.  So I'm thinking maybe Direct-X may be remixing
the sample rate for one or both programs.  Do you know of a way to tell
for sure what sample rate the hardware is running at with Direct-X?

Thanks,

John