[stella] SID2TIA V1.4 : Developer Goodies

Subject: [stella] SID2TIA V1.4 : Developer Goodies
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 21:38:54 +0200
Hi there!

Another day, another update:

http://home.arcor.de/cybergoth/xype/sid2tia.zip

New features:
- Parallelized the generated data.

Instead of storing two chunks of data, I now generate
the data alternating. Additionally I always display the
third *would be* data, which was lost in the 3->2 mix.
Looks like this now:

    .byte #SAW_F3          , #SAW_F4          ; #SAW_C4
    .byte #SAW_F3          , #SAW_F4          ; #SAW_C4
    .byte #SAW_F2          , #SAW_Gw4         ; #SAW_C4
    .byte #SAW_F2          , #SAW_Gw4         ; #SAW_C4
    .byte #SAW_F3          , #LEAD_G4         ; #SAW_C4
    .byte #SAW_F3          , #LEAD_G4         ; #SAW_C4

This simplified even the driver, which certainly had to
be updated as well.

- Odd resolutions.

I now found a few SID files that are indeed updated
every 3rd or 5th frame, so I replaced the power_of_2
radio buttons with a combo box letting freely select any
resolution from 1:1 - 1:16. This was another reason for
a driver update.

- Fixed a few minor bugs no one even noticed yet - At
least no one complained :-)

Note: Any data generated with earlier versions will no
longer compile with the new driver.

Greetings,
	Manuel