Re: [stella] Starship 1 Proof of concept

Subject: Re: [stella] Starship 1 Proof of concept
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 13:58:49 +0200
Hi Glenn!

>>Well, the result is attached. As you see, one could do
>>Starship 1 with really _big_ enemy ships...
>>Please forgive the crapiness of the starfield and the
>>occasional crash. It's just a proof of concept.

> Very very nice!
> I'd like to see you finish this, maybe call it
> Starship 2.

Uihja, that would be cool! I'll see. But it'll be my
current "when I'm bored" project only. You know for
those sleepless hours between 2 and 4 o'clock in the
morning. :-)

My main focus will be Gateway to Apshai. If anyone is
seriously interested in doing a Starship 1 port as his
main project, I'd be very happy to team-up. I'd tackle
all the hardcore kernel stuff, promised. :-)

> Maybe we should compile a list of early B&W games that
> should still be ported to the 2600 (besides Death Race
> of course).

There is quite some. I thought more then once about
doing "Dog Patch" or "Dead Eye" as possible Gunfight