Re: [stella] Starship 1 Proof of concept

Subject: Re: [stella] Starship 1 Proof of concept
From: ecwilkso@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 18:39:17 -0400
I loved UNO.  But I've completely forgotten the rules.  :(

IIRC, there are 108 cards in the deck? With up to 4 players
a played/discarded pile, and a draw-from deck there are 6 possible
locations for each card?  If this is correct, you need 3 bits to
store each card's whereabouts -> 3 bits*108 cards = 41 bytes, leaving
87 bytes of RAM space for logic and graphics.  And of course there's
still room for better data packing.

Please adjust my numbers if I've forgotten the real values!  :)

I think UNO would be doable without extra RAM.  Any takers?
(any disbelievers?)

-Chris