[stella] give me a D. give me a U. give me an H.

Subject: [stella] give me a D. give me a U. give me an H.
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 10 Sep 2003 23:49:30 -0000
I have this weird habit of thinking "oh, it must be a timing
problem" when it's really something else.

I went crazy building a perl tool to hunt for page-crossing
branches, when really my program was getting weird simply
because I was forgetting the "#" in front of constants/

The latest idiocy: if you're using X to count your scanlines,
it might make sense not to casually use it for addressing
offsets.  Heh heh.

Geez, it's not like I don't know what timing problems look
like; they're generally boring things that stretch the screen
elements, not things that look like nuclear meltdown.

"Uncertainty in the pressure of vivid hopes and fears is painful,
 but must be endured if we wish to live without the support of
 comforting fairy tales."  --Bertrand Russell