Re: [stella] Newbie Screen Design Documentation

Subject: Re: [stella] Newbie Screen Design Documentation
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:07:23 -0400
>NTSC can easily go to 200 lines onscreen, but 242 for PAL sounds like close
>to max.

Hrm, even at 192 scanlines I tend to loose the last couple scanlines on my TV (actually C64 1702 monitor) off the bottom...

>You really need to mention the 48 bit sprites,

Good point, I also want to mention more about skipping scanlines techniques - Like the ground in Thrust or Mortal Kurling or the gaps between rows of Space Instigators.

>with the usual caveats about "not much else possible".

Hmmm, have an idea about that, actually...

Chris....