Re: [stella] debugging w/ an emulator and other thoughts

Subject: Re: [stella] debugging w/ an emulator and other thoughts
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 16 Sep 2003 15:43:31 -0000
> KirkIsrael wrote:
> > I was looking over http://www.videogamecritic.net/2600.htm ,
> > hundreds of atari reviews.
>
> My favourite classic video games review site. :-)

It is a nice, browsable format, with just about the right
amount of information.  Also, he recognizes how much better
2600 Battlezone is that Robot Tank.  I just wish he would use
a better resizer for the screenshots, one that blurs instead
of "pixel resize"

> > One thing Z26 could use is a button that says "just dump one frame's
> > worth of trace info".  It's kind of intimidating to get like megs and
> > megs of raw material just for a few moment's of recording.
>
> You know about F11/F12, don't you?

Yeah...but it's like trying to take a sip from a firehose!
To be fair, I didn't spend a lot of time delving into a deep
understanding of what I was seeing, but it would be cool if
there was a way of saying "capture the next frame, from
VBLANK start to VBLANK start please"...

 "Sorry Rob. I don't think 'Being a Dork' qualifies as being a performance
  piece. And bringing in your laundry hoping someone will do it for you is
  not a multimedia installation."