Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] The Multi-Sprite Trick

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] The Multi-Sprite Trick
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:08:12 -0500

Uhm... but it does write $70 and $90 (+7/-7) to HMPX and it does the LSR thing -> Why?

Have you ever tried displaying full 8 pixel chars? :-)

Hmmmm.. You're right! I'm definitely very confused as to how I ended up thinking that it used that trick. I guess I just assumed that it did!

Well my rpg tile kernal DOES use the 74th cycle trick and moves them 8 each time. It actually uses less cycles that way because you load them with an $80 to move them forward 8 pixels, then you just do a HMCLR and hit HMOVE on 74 to move them back.

-Paul