Re: [stella] new project; fpga2600

Subject: Re: [stella] new project; fpga2600
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 18 Sep 2003 17:12:43 -0000
> Open source project;
> VHDL implementation of a 2600 and 7800.
[snip contact info]
> 'nuf said.

One of my rules of them is that "'nuff said" hardly ever lives up
to that promise... ;-)

And it wasn't the easiest thing to Google on either!
I found this FAQ though, for the group comp.lang.vhdl:
http://www.eda.org/comp.lang.vhdl/FAQ1.html

For software weenies like me who might not know, VHDL is a language
to describe circuits. And according to the sourceforge page, looks
as if the goal of this project is gonna be a 2600/7800 on a chip!
(presumamby a chip described in VHDL).

That sounds very cool, and I'm almost certain that I personally am
going to be no help whatsoever on this mission, but I wish you the
best of luck...I could imagine something like a cuttle cart...that
wouldn't need the atari!  (and as long as we're dreaming, some kind
of flash memory reader with all the roms you'd want...)

(Oh that reminds me...a friend of mine says he'll send me an old 16meg
RIO mp3 player...might be a very cool portable supercharger accessory!
Along with my crappy old laptop...)

cheers,
Kirk
"All life is 6-to-5 against, just enough to keep you interested" --Runyon