Re: [stella] Bounce: what next?

Subject: Re: [stella] Bounce: what next?
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:56:29 +0200
Hi there!

> So I've started working on a level editor for
> "Bounce!"

Ah, finally!

> if I do the contest, should I get lucky and people
> will actually like creating levels, I could end up
> with quite some levels to test! Not only test, but
> also rank by difficulty and eventually judge for some
> prize (how to judge remains to be defined as well!!)..

My offer for helping you with anything of this including
the creation of levels by myself is still valid :-)

> Also, if the levels in the final version will really
> be a lot (a 32k cart could contain hundreds), I'm not
> even sure that it will still make sense having the
> player go throu them all in order to complete the
> game.. but I don't really know how to do otherwise!

I'd just group them like the Lemmings levels for
example.

> In the last option, I could still release the editor
> and let everyone change levels to create their very
> own version of "Bounce!" :)

Hm... while this is a neat idea, I think most people
would prefer a *definite* version. At least I do ;-)

> So, I really don't know what to do now.. words of
> advice are badly needed!!!!

Go for the contest! :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel