Re: [stella] Undocumented opcodes

Subject: Re: [stella] Undocumented opcodes
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:38:43 +0200
C. Bond wrote:
> There are a few 6502 articles on the net which give the function and
> timing of miscellaneous undocumented opcodes. Unfortunately, the timings
> given for some opcodes, with indexing, do not seem to account for page
> crossing. According to the CPU model in the hardware manual, an extra
> cycle is almost certainly required in certain cases and some these do
> not agree with the numbers in the articles. Has anyone verified the
> cycle count for undocumented opcodes?

No, I haven't verified these, but I would be very surprised if the general rules
wouldn't be valid for those too. If an index crosses a page boundary there
*must* be an additional cycles added.

And you can check e.g. the z26 source code for the implementation of all
illegal opcodes.

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Horoskop, Comics, VIPs, Wetter, Sport und Lotto im WEB.DE Screensaver1.2
Kostenlos downloaden: http://screensaver.web.de/?mc=021110