Re: [stella] New game: Ace 2600

Subject: Re: [stella] New game: Ace 2600
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 26 Oct 2003 21:42:12 -0000
> This is a major issue, yes. That's why I've been
> releasing it right now. If most people think that
> playing this with DCs sucks totally, I can bury the idea
> before wasting any more time on it.

I'll try supercharging it with the correct controllers.

> > You know what would *really* interest me? Although
> > I've never had the chance to play it head to head,
> > Intellivision had a highly regarded biplane duel in
> > their "Triple Action" cart.
>
> Thanks for the pointer, I'll check this out!

Let me know if you need help locating a ROM or anything.

Actually, the idea of playing a game like combat w/ driving
controllers reminds me of some concepts I had for 4 player
games. One thought I've had for a long while is having each
player have a paddle that controls a hovercraft or some such...
pressing fire thrusts the player forward, letting go sends
a bullet flying.  I'm not sure if I'm up for a reliable
4 player / 4 missile kernal w/ collision detecting, though.
(And there would be lots of interesting variations on
that game, once you had the kernal and the collision detection
worked out...one like the game 'dodgeball' where there's only
one ball, when the ball stops it's safe to touch, then the
player that picked it up can fire it, it travels then stops...
also different physics models would be fun to play around with,
one that flies like asteroids, another where it drives like
combat...

Just dreaming :-)

--Kirk

"God or somebody save us from any society founded on Darwinian principles."
   --Richard Dawkins