Re: [stella] New game: Ace 2600

Subject: Re: [stella] New game: Ace 2600
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 27 Oct 2003 00:18:55 -0000
> Kirk Israel wrote:
> >I'm not sure if I'm up for a reliable
> >4 player / 4 missile kernal w/ collision detecting, though.
>
> Just make a 2 player / 2 missile kernel with constant 30Hz
> flicker. I did something very similar in Robot City and IMO it
> doesn't look bad.

Well, the thing I'm wondering about is how any of the 4 missiles
has to be able to detect hits on any of the 4 players.  Wouldn't
you tend to miss certain events if the flickering was off?  Or
would you suggest using bounding rectangles and exact positioning
or something?

"Uncertainty in the pressure of vivid hopes and fears is painful,
 but must be endured if we wish to live without the support of
 comforting fairy tales."  --Bertrand Russell