Re: [stella] [POLL] What is everybody working on?

Subject: Re: [stella] [POLL] What is everybody working on?
From: Adam Thornton <adam@xxxxxxx>
Date: 04 Nov 2003 09:16:07 -0600
On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 06:22, cybergoth@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi there!
> Wow, it's been a year since I last asked that.
> But once again that curiosity hit me :-)
> I'll volunteer to start:
> My main project still is porting Gateway to Apshai.
> It's been on hold for a while, but I'm hoping to continue it
> with full steam early december, when I have 4 complete weeks off from work.
> So, what else is cooking? Please report!

Well, mainly I've been involved in writing mainframe utility code.  If
you happen to run a VM system, and you would like a high-performance
drop-in replacement for your SMTP server, that as an added bonus does
spam and virus scanning, talk to me.

No, that has nothing to do with Stella.  But it does mean that I haven't
done anything at all with the 2600 in recent months.  I do have a
devious plan in mind for something that is, I think, the VCS cartridge
with the most number of game selections ever.  I'm unlikely to ever
implement it though.  The gameplay would be fairly simple, something
like Tag or Capture the Flag, and the game itself would be fairly
offensive (working title is "(Illegal) Alien Invasion".  The box would
sport fake endorsements by John Ashcroft.

My small systems work--also all currently stalled, because I'm busy with
work--is to write Contiki serial drivers for C64-userport and for Apple
II.  This shouldn't be hard, but I can't find the time anywhere.  That's
a lead-up to--once the C-One FPGA core logic stabilizes a little--a
preliminary investigation of building an Atari 2600 on top of the C-One
platform.

Adam