Re: [stella] Splatform 2600

Subject: Re: [stella] Splatform 2600
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 09:47:19 +0100
On Sunday, November 9, 2003 at 06:59, Dennis Debro wrote:
> Cool! I wondered what a game like Surround would have looked like if they
> did something like this. Using the ball as fill in instead of having the
> "worm" move 4 pixels would have been a nice touch.

Yes, but IMO it would have been a bit irritating if the worm move
points differ from the turning points.

> I agree with you. The scrolling is nice and smooth but I don't think the
> trade off is worth it.

Agreed. If I can not fix this problem I will have to switch back. :-(

I am currently experimenting with 20 instead of 18 platforms, but even
that doesn't seem to help fixing the problem. If anybody has an idea,
please tell me.

> It makes the game a lot easier IMO.

That's easy to fix: less platforms. :-)

> I'd prefer the earlier method of using the PF. I haven't tried this
> on the VCS but I don't think the scrolling would be too intolerable.

Except for the generator problem, is there any other reason why you
prefer the earlier one?

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |