Aw: RE: [stella] Horizontal movement routine in Donkey Kong and Space Jockey

Subject: Aw: RE: [stella] Horizontal movement routine in Donkey Kong and Space Jockey
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:11:30 +0100 (CET)
Hi there!

> Dennis wrote:
> > He also says that some of these games actually have the
> > full Space Jockey in the ROM!

> By using CloneSpy I cannot confirm this. All released US Games binaries
> differ a lot from Space Jockey. But some pirates (Time Race, Air Raid)
> contain
> a lot (>50%) of Space Jockey code.

I did some further research, so I'd exclude Air Raid and both Goliath games as possible origin. All three seem to share portions of Space Jockey.

Space Jockey is from 1982, so it's older than all Atari titles on the list. The only Bitcorp title I found copyright date info was Bobby is going home, released in '83, so it's probably safe to exclude the Bitcorp titles as well. At the moment that leaves us with
a confirmed

Space Jockey 1982 / Garry Kitchen

And this list remaining of yet to verify games:

- Carnival
- Challenge
- Cosmic Commuter
- Death Trap
- Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong Junior
- Dragon Defender
- Fireball
- H.E.R.O.
- Immies & Aggies
- Kabobber
- Killer Satellites
- London Blitz
- Montezuma's Revenge
- Motocross (Starsoft)
- Mouse Trap
- Off Your Rocker
- Out of Control
- Panda Chase/Zoo Fun
- Private Eye
- Q-bert's Qubes
- Save the Whales
- Shuttle Orbiter
- Ski Hunt
- Smurfs - Rescue in Gargamel's Castle
- Space Shuttle
- Star Wars - Death Star Battle
- Time Pilot
- Time Warp
- Wall Ball

I assume it's safe to assume that with Garry the routine wandered to Coleco, so these can possibly excluded as well. But I still wanted to check the dates anyway.

Greetings,
Manuel