Re: RE: [stella] Horizontal movement routine in Donkey Kong and Space Jockey

Subject: Re: RE: [stella] Horizontal movement routine in Donkey Kong and Space Jockey
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:34:08 +0100
Manuel wrote:
> I did some further research, so I'd exclude Air Raid and both Goliath games
> as possible origin. All three seem to share portions of Space Jockey.

Never doubted that. I don't think the pirates invented anything.

> Space Jockey is from 1982, so it's older than all Atari titles on the list.
>
> Space Jockey 1982 / Garry Kitchen

I tend to agree. Space Jockey uses an early version of the code (eor #$0f)
which requires an additional adc/eor $80 to get the correct value.

> I assume it's safe to assume that with Garry the routine wandered to Coleco, so
these can possibly excluded as well. But I still wanted to check the dates anyway.

Aren't Garry and Steve Kitchen brothers? That would explain it too.

And I think it' is interesting that Activision's programmers learned the trick
quite "late" (well, still almost 20 years before we did ;-).

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Horoskop, Comics, VIPs, Wetter, Sport und Lotto im WEB.DE Screensaver1.2
Kostenlos downloaden: http://screensaver.web.de/?mc=021110